How do I control my Modern Forms Smart Fan with Amazon Alexa?
NOTE: Voice control of Modern Forms Smart Fans and lights requires a Wi-Fi connection and an Alexa-enabled device like Echo, Dot, or Fire Stick.
- Download the Amazon Alexa app (iOSor Android) and verify your Alexa device is set up and ready for use.
- Verify that your Modern Forms fans and lights are receiving power.
- Open the Alexa app, go to the Menu, then select Skills and Games.
- Search for “Modern Forms Smart Home” and select Enable.
- You will now be prompted to sign in to your Modern Forms account and authorize its connection to Alexa.
NOTE: You must use the same email account and password used in the Modern Forms app for Alexa to discover your Modern Forms Smart Fan.
- Tell Alexa to discover your devices.
- After discovery is complete, you can control your Modern Forms fans and lights using voice commands.
THINGS TO TRY
- “Alexa, turn on Family Room.”
- “Alexa, turn off Family Room.”
- “Alexa, set Family Room fan to speed 5.”
- “Alexa, increase Family Room fan.”
- “Alexa, turn down Family Room fan.”
- “Alexa, turn on Family Room light.”
- “Alexa, turn off Family Room light.”
- “Alexa, set Family Room light to 80%.”
- “Alexa, brighten Family Room light.”
- “Alexa, dim Family Room light.”
- Connect your Modern Forms products to Alexa.
- Connect your other lights and/or switches to Alexa.
- In the Alexa app, tap , and then tap Smart Home.
- Under Groups, create a group that includes your Modern Forms Smart Fan and smart home devices that you want to work together.
Use Alexa’s voice commands to control your groups.